Sunday, August 9, 2009

20 Questions About the Wag

1) What does "The Prolix Wag" mean, anyway?

Look it up.

2) No, really.

No, really.

3) Can't you just tell me?

Can't you use Google?

4) Why are you such a jerk?

It's called branding. You can look that up, too.

5) Why a blog?

Because I heard that's where the money is.

6) How much have you made so far?

$1.87

7) Not much, huh?

I'm a regional theatre actor and playwright. You'd be surprised how little it takes to impress me, financially speaking.

8) Still, wouldn't it be nice if more people clicked on the ads on your site?

I like to think that what I'm doing is more of a public service -- that it's not about the money. But it is. So yes.

9) What's your artistic goal with this blog?

To be brilliant.

10) Could you be more specific?

Yes. I would like to be the exact kind and amount of brilliant that people will pay you lots of money for.

11) Is that all?

No. I would also like copious amounts of explicit validation.

12) Written, or verbal?

Written, then read to me in a breathy voice.

13) What are you most proud of about this site?

That I've posted something substantial (and brilliant) every day. I don't even put on clothing every day.

14) What's your favorite post so far?

Advice to People With a Mental Illness
. I've gotten some very gratifying responses to that; I think it's really helped people.

Mind you, Behold the Power of Cosplay was incredibly hot. But no, I'll give it to the Mental Illness thing. By a nose.

15) How come you don't post on Facebook as much any more?

Because Facebook doesn't pay me to.

16) Except in validation.

Yes. But it wasn't explicit enough. Or nearly breathy enough.

17) Is it hard always being right?

No. It's pretty awesome. But dealing with the people who aren't can be difficult sometimes.

18) If you had one message for your readers, what would it be?

Tell your friends. And click the ads. Also, post comments about how brilliant I am.

19) Isn't that three messages?

Aren't you me?

20) Point taken.

As it should be.

-- The Prolix Wag
No. Seriously. It'll take you two seconds to look it up. You'll feel better about yourself.

9 comments:

  1. well after looking it up I feel as though I'll do better next time I take the SAT's...
    *sigh* I wish they had adult SAT's (just the verbal part) for those of us who love words.

    Also, you're good at interviewing yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lastly, I just clicked the f*ck out of your ads.

    You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, yay for PW's constant vigilance. He can more accurately deflate a comment thru use of deflective and misleading posts than anyone I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pay no attention to the devastatingly handsome man behind the curtain.

    ReplyDelete