Sunday, August 2, 2009

Linky Linky Sunday: Spaced Edition

TV You Must Watch:

I loves me the Hulus!!!


Spaced co-stars (and was co-written by) Simon Pegg of "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz" fame. The complete series is up on Hulu. Smart, funny stuff.


Warehouse 13 I've only watched the pilot so far, but it's going on my must-watch list, even if it was made by SyFy. Whose new name I still cannot stand. But it's funny, well-written, and well-made, and takes itself just seriously enough.


Video You Must Watch:

Kuroshio Sea - 2nd largest aquarium tank in the world - (song is Please don't go by Barcelona) from Jon Rawlinson on Vimeo.

Pretty, pretty HD fish from the Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium in Japan. Full-screen is a must.



Ever wonder why the Terminator spoke with an Austrian accent?

TED Talks are awesome. Mike Rowe giving a TED Talk is even awesomer.

The Shake Weight(tm). Really. No one spotted this in the prototyping phase? Really?

Links You Must Click:

I was as surprised as anyone to learn that Cracked.com, spawn of the we're-kinda-like-Mad-only-we-pretty-much-suck magazine Cracked, is actually pretty whifty. Everyone does "Top 5/10/whatever" lists. Cracked.com does them up right. To wit:

"5 Cobra Commander Terror Plots That Might Actually Work"

"5 Real-Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like a Pussy"


"7 Man-Made Substances That Laugh In the Face of Physics"

Etcetera. Have a good Sunday, everybody!

-- The Prolix Wag
Because you'd have to work out long and hard to handle MY Shake Weight(tm).

4 comments:

  1. Spaced is an eternal favorite of mine :) Glad you're spreading the love. Also up there is the Flight of the Conchord's RADIO SHOW, not the TV show. Radio = much funnier.

    Um, that shake weight thing. Wow. I mean. Jesus. That is awful.

    BTW, "Of Dice and Men" by yer buddy CM will is the next script chosen by my monthly play reading group. They're psyched to read it. I know Cameron has had it read already, but once more shouldnt shake up the space/time continuum, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesomeawesomeawesome! When/what/who does that involve? How can I help? Where do I have to be to get the appropriate ego stroking/free drinks/playwrighting groupies afterwards?

    *cough*

    I mean... yes. I hear that is quite a good play. What a discriminating choice that you should choose to read it, as a choice. Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, the reading is usually the first sunday of the month, but I'm not sure how that will work w/ Labor Day weekend yet. The scheduling is up to the organizers and I haven't heard back yet.

    If you, or, erm, Cameron want to be in chicago for it, that would be kind of fun and phenomenal.

    Oh, and the script I have says "GAMERS", so do you mind passing along *ahem* from Cameron, the latest script?

    ReplyDelete