Saturday, July 25, 2009

Behold the Power of Cosplay

In honor of the fact that I can't go to ComiCon in San Diego, and as a companion piece to my essay about why you should put on the metal bikini and sex up your man, and as a vain attempt to get Mrs. Wag to someday dress up like Ivy from Soul Calibur, I have decided to share a small collection of Hot Cosplay Pics.

For those of you not familiar with the term "Cosplay", it's a melding of the terms "Costume" and "Play", and is basically what we all do on Halloween, with the following exceptions:

1) It involves dressing up as characters from various geeky media, like comics, video games, scifi and fantasy movies, anime, cereal boxes, etcetera.

2) It's usually done at conventions.

3) They seriously kick it up a notch.

4) They all go back to the hotel afterward and have crazy roleplay sex with each other. Or at least I hope so. It had better be so. Looking at some of these costumes, it's their goddamn civic duty, okay?

I recognize that, for every one of the samples of Smoldering Nerd Hotness below, there are dozens of Overweight Slave Leias and Guys Dressed Up Like He-Man. But we at The Wag like to present a vision of the world as it should be, not as it necessarily is, and you can find enough visions of cosplay horror to stain your soul forever within thirty seconds on Google. Plus, I understand even they get laid at the parties.

Ladies, for bonus points, go through this gallery shot by shot with your man. The one where he coughs looks furtively around the room and says "Yeah, she's alright, I guess?" That's the one. That's your get-out-of-everything-free card, should you ever need one.

First off, a shot that's actually from ComiCon this year: Loki, from the Thor comic book. I had no idea Loki was a chick now. I need to start reading comics again... Hm. On second thought, I just need to look at cosplay pics more often.

See? Not only do girls play video games, they play as video games. Taki and Sophitia from Soul Calibur.

And here I always thought Molotov Cocktease's costume was a physical impossibility. Screw you, laws of physics.

And here I thought Power Girls physique was a physical impossibility. Screw you times two, laws of physics.

Cammy from the Street Fighter games. The laws of physics are really taking it on the chin today. For those of you who find this image exploitative, that's because the entire reason for the existence of the character of Cammy is her ass. That, and fast-crouching-kick cheese. So she's just being true to the character.

That, and it is exploitative.


Totally exploitative.

Yeah... moving on!

This is what happens when a pro steps it up: they can even make World of Warcraft sexy. I know. I was shocked, too.

Ivy from Soul Calibur. Now do you understand?

...

Honey?... Sweetie?... Where are you going?

And now, to cleanse the palate, the only thing better than Jennifer Aniston as Slave Leia: Olivia Munn as Slave Leia.

...aaand the only thing better than Olivia Munn as Slave Leia: a Slave Leia Pillow Fight.

You're welcome.

-- The Prolix Wag
My sexuality is more adult than yours because I'm willing to dress up like Green Lantern.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had some of these costumes... maybe I'll have to see what I can do about the Warcraft one. I already have Night Elf ears and makeup laying around somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still say we get you the Leia bikini.

    ReplyDelete