Sunday, July 5, 2009

Words That Don't Quite Mean What I Think They Mean But That I Try To Work Into Conversation Anyway

Don't bother trying to tell me what any of them mean; I've looked them all up multiple times. For some reason, the (inaccurate or ambiguous) definition I made up is the one I always prefer to remember.

Cyclopean
Garrulous
Indefatigable
Insouciant
Phlogiston
Phlegmatic

...and "clean". At least my definition doesn't match my wife's. And hers is apparently the official one.

The Prolix Wag
No, no. I'm pretty sure it's a kind of seedless fruit.

2 comments:

  1. Lacuna is a word of such high quality that there simply are no words in the English language to describe it satisfactorily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you think, sir.

    /Subscribe newsletter, etcetera...

    ReplyDelete